Tuesday 24 May 2011

Fame beckoned, then it wandered off again

It's been over a month since my last post due to being manically busy with the Open House, http://www.ninebynine.org.uk/, but this evening a talk by Ameila, yes, THE Amelia, she of Amelia's Magazine, swerved as a timely reminder about the importance of the humble blog in the 21st century, so I'm back now.

What news then? Well, following an article I've had published online:
http://www.makeitandmendit.com/2011/04/19/meeting-our-sewing-queen-miami-member-carol/
www.makeitandmendit.com

first thing the morning after it went live I had a call from Hampton Court Women's Institute asking me to give a talk! (Miss Anne Boleyn would like to ask...) and a few days after that a production company wanted me to talk about appearing on the telly.

Now, the telly thing sounds interesting but they dumbed it down soooooo much, not only would it have been patronising for viewers, but dull for me too. They really thought no-one out there had the capability to make so much as a cushion; I beg to differ.

So fame will have to find me in other ways. Meanwhile, I'm busy with the Open House and making cakes out of old lace and doilies. Gotta go!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for staying true to your principles. And well done for being so much in demand. Love your work. Wish I'd known about it before your open house. I would have come and seen it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Open House will be on again this May (weekends only). Hope to see you there!

      Delete