Thursday 12 August 2010

Welcome!


Hello and welcome to my blog. My name is Carol and I am an illustrator/designer/printmaker/dressmaker/crafter/collector/seller... blah blah blah.

Anyway, where to start? Well, why not with one of my favourites: fleamarkets. There's only one thing better than rummaging through a load of old tat and that's rummaging through a load of old tat on holiday. The week before last I visited a fleamarket which I'd rank as one of the best ever (I'm hovering over the keys here wondering whether I should keep this gem to myself, oh go on then) - the Saturday morning (6am-11am) flohmarkt on the riverbank at Dresden, Germany. Mid-century homewares, ceramics, clothing, textiles and Ostalgie mostly for five euros and less.

I was very glad to have Shaun with me - his ability to speak very good German kept the prices down, as soon as the traders heard me their prices quadrupled. We only wish we'd be there with a van...

I'm aiming to keep this blog updated reasonably regularly and you can expect more from me on the subjects of illustration and desing, printmaking, vintage clothing, collecting and maybe anything else of interest that crosses my mind.

TTFN! Carol x

No comments:

Post a Comment